Gilbertson Nest Box- NABS Approved
Simple to monitor, an Eastern bluebird favorite!
The Gilbertson Nest Box is approved by the North American Bluebird Society. New with optional poly-lumber matching roof.
Preferred by blues over the years, this birdhouse mounts quickly and easily on 1/2-inch conduit. PVC will not rot, split or crack, and promises to host many successful broods with its great features:
- Overhang roof design discourages house sparrows, easy to attach a wren guard or sparrow spooker.
- Body is easily removed by squeezing and elongating the top opposite sides, minimizes early fledges, and allows for easy monitoring.
- Recessed floor will not accumulate water, center drain hole should be checked every few months.
- Designed to keep water out, and nestlings dry.
- Attractive birch appearance complements the landscape.
- Lightweight with easy installation
- Long lasting vinyl/PVC cavity
- Roof option of cedar or matching poly-lumber (recycled plastic)
Nest Box includes mounting instructions and supplemental bluebird information.
Measures 8" tall x 4.25" diameter (cavity)
Measures 9" x 7" x 1" (roof)
Item Weight 1.5 lb.
Material: PVC, Cedar or Poly Roof
Video by reviewer below:
Wonderful experience and birdhouse
I ordered this as I had sparrows interested in my regular bluebird box. It worked like a charm. Not only was delivery fast, but it included informational packets on bluebirds and all types of birds, which was also a nice touch. The house is working. If I had time, I probably could hve build my own, but I didn't have time. So, this was worth it for the speed, the quality, and getting my bluebirds a new place to next. Thanks!
Difficult to detach roof from body of house for inspecting the nest
Everything set up nicely, but once the house was installed, I am unable to twist it open as the directions describe. Squeezing the house gets me nowhere. I"m wondering if you have to have gigantic hands for this or perhaps I have a particularly tight product.
Hi Marion, Applying pressure directly below the roof of the Gilbertson usually releases the cavity easily for monitoring your bluebirds. Also, there is a number on the underside of roof and on the back of cavity. Could you please confirm these numbers match? Thanks so much~
Excellent! Fast and accurate. Love
Excellent! Fast and accurate. Love the pamphlet info included with the gilbertson bird house.
Within two hours a pair was checking out the nest box. One week later they had completed their nest. Three weeks after putting up the Gilbertson nest box I had one beautiful egg. Hope there are more to come and they successfully hatch!
Bye bye house sparrows!!! Thank you!!!!
Immediately the sparrows wouldn’t go near the house and within in two days the bluebirds were back!! Thank you!!!