Songbird All-Weather Feeder 4 or 6 qt.
The All-Weather Feeder is the best Weatherproof Wild Bird Feeder out there!
Innovative design guarantees to keep seed totally dry and available to birds continuously. Through rain, snow, sleet and ice, the All Weather Feeder offers seed dry for feathered friends in the worst conditions.
Birds feed from the lower platform (for all-around viewing), and reach up into the fully sheltered circular slots for seed. No more mess cleaning out ice, snow, and wet birdseed from troughs and seed ports. Birds benefit from available food-especially important after ice storms, plus cleaner feeding results in a healthier bird population.
All-Weather Feeder's great features include:
- All parts are removable for periodic cleaning
- Stainless steel hardware used throughout
- Large capacity seed hopper means less time filling
- UV-stabilized poly-carbonate acrylic is used for all plastic parts, won't break or yellow over time.
- Staging perch for birds waiting to feed
- Perch doubles as a seed tray to catch spilled seed, provides space for peanuts or any other treats used with a platform feeder
- Excellent tray drainage with 16 holes
- Large diameter support rod for added strength
- Covered feeding port prevents seed from getting wet even if rain is blowing horizontally.
- Sturdy gasket seals out water
- Guaranteed against breakage for ten years from date of purchase.
Optional Squirrel Cage:
Prevents squirrels, grackles, doves and other large birds from getting to the seed while allowing cardinals to feed. Constructed of black powder coated stainless steel wire.
Suggested Seed for the All Weather Feeder:
Black oil sunflower may be used, although safflower or sunflower meats work best. Mix these seeds to attract cardinals, chickadees, finches, goldfinches, grosbeaks, juncos, nuthatches, sparrows, titmice and more! Striped sunflower seed is not recommended with the All Weather Feeder as it's too large to fit through the feeding slots.
Choose feeder size and option below.
4-Quart Capacity: 17" tall x 10.5" diameter
Weight: 7.5 lbs.
6-Quart Capacity: 20.5" tall x 10.5" diameter
Weight: 8 lbs.
Please note: The All-Weather Feeder is not guaranteed against chewing damage caused by squirrels or other animals, nor is it guaranteed against improper use.
I am really happy with it!
We have been having major wind storms (called Taku's here in Alaska) with the wind exceeding 60 mph and gusts to 75 mph in exposed areas. Just happened that I received the bird feeder the night before the storm and hung it out on a overhang hook not knowing the storm was coming. It held its own! Most of the stuff on my deck will break or blow off, it usually blows the bricks I have holding down a deck rug. Funny... it's holding up so well that I have to shake it to put seeds in the lower tray since they aren't used to pecking upward! That's okay; the chickadees are the last to leave and they are still coming by (the little hoarders!) to peck at what fell off the last feeder that wouldn't have lasted. Just wanted to let you know it worked out perfect.